My honest review of books & other products

I love to read & I love to save money on good products for my family of six. Here, I'll share my thoughts on various books and other products in hopes it may help someone else!

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Out of a Far Country--Great Book!

I loved this book!  The story of Christopher and Angela Yuan, son and mother, is incredible and inspiring.  I was amazed at how God rescued a mother, a father, a marriage, a son, and a family.  I've come to enjoy reading about how God impacts the lives of others--and every changed heart is a miracle--but I immensely enjoyed reading about these changed lives and found the miracles encouraging and awe-inspiring!

Christopher and Angela alternate writing the chapters, so their story is told through very different views.  This keeps the story informative and emotionally charged.  I was amazed by the long-suffering, unconditional love that God gave this mother to bestow upon her son.  What an amazing moment when this prodigal son came home to the Father!

This is a great book for anyone struggling with a prodigal child, whether he/she is homosexual, drug-addicted, or in rebellion in any way.  It's also an encouraging story about a man who was a homosexual, but has given that sin to God, through Jesus, and is now sharing Christ with many--great for anyone wondering about the homosexual life.

Thank you Waterbrook Multnomah Publishers for sending a complimentary copy for purpose of review--it was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment