My honest review of books & other products

I love to read & I love to save money on good products for my family of six. Here, I'll share my thoughts on various books and other products in hopes it may help someone else!

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Night of the Living Dead Christian

I'm not a huge sci-fi reader/watcher, but I do enjoy a good fantasy.  So when I read the words of praise for this book, comparing Matt Mikalatos to C.S. Lewis, I was intrigued and ready to dig in.  It turns out, that he's not quite C.S. Lewis, but he's not all bad, either.

"Night of the Living Dead Christian" by Matt Mikalatos is a fictional novel with spiritual truths weaved throughout.  Mikalatos uses various monsters to portray humans of various spiritual levels.  At times, the truths he reveals are convicting and challenging.  And often throughout the book, the author is very humorous--laugh out loud funny, actually (this really kept me going through the book as otherwise, my interest would have certainly dwindled!)  

If you're looking for the next C.S. Lewis, this is not him.  But if you enjoy a little sci-fi/fantasy, you will likely enjoy this book anyway!

Thanks to Tyndale House Publishers for providing a complimentary copy to me for purpose of review!

No comments:

Post a Comment