My honest review of books & other products

I love to read & I love to save money on good products for my family of six. Here, I'll share my thoughts on various books and other products in hopes it may help someone else!

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Great Future for "Futurecast"

Futurecast: What Today's Trends Mean for Tomorrow's World by George Barna is informative and interesting.  Barna summarizes data from surveys of Americans regarding various topics.  His compilations provide interesting and important information for Christians, the Church, and anyone concerned about our society and nation.  Impressive (and somewhat discouraging) are the changes Barna notes in attitudes and beliefs among Americans even from just 20 years ago.  I appreciated the reading, even though I found much of it disturbing simply because of the results Barna uncovers.

I especially appreciate Barna's conclusion in each chapter and in the book overall.  While much of the content is discouraging as Barna seems to reveal the disinegration of morality, family, and even the Church as we know it, Barna concludes chapter on a note of hope.  He not only realizes that there is hope, but he encourages the reader to do his part in fulfilling that hope and passing it on.  The final chapter, likewise, is encouraging among the disheartening statistics throughout the book.

This book is excellent reading for any Christian concerned with our nation's future and with the Church's future.  Barna's survey data are eye-opening and action-inspiring!  I highly recommend this book!!

Thanks to Tyndale for providing a complimentary copy to me for purpose of review!

***  UPDATE:  I just reread the final chapter in the book and had to post a bit more...this book is inspiring!  Barna draws the reader to complete loyalty, love, and submission to the Creator-Savior and inspires her to live the life Jesus intends for us!!  WE are the church...the body designed to share God's love and it's not too late to change our future one life at a time!!   I loved this book--and will suggest that every true follower of Jesus read it soon!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment