My honest review of books & other products

I love to read & I love to save money on good products for my family of six. Here, I'll share my thoughts on various books and other products in hopes it may help someone else!

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cindy Woodsmall--great again!

Cindy Woodsmall's fictional book, The Christmas Singing, is another great story by the author.  While fairly predictable, the short novel set in the Amish community is endearing and captivating.  Mattie, the main character, has left her home town because she believes the love of her life has not been true to her.  The story, of course, deals with a trauma that requires Mattie's return to her parents' home and facing her former beau.  The rest, I'll let you read for yourself!

I enjoyed this book, as I have each Woodsmall book I've read.  This is a short, quick read that held my attention and left me feeling uplifted.  A lighthearted, fictional read is certainly helpful and relaxing on occasion!

While Woodsmall incorporates a bit of a Christian worldview with her characters, it certainly is not overt.  The Biblical theme does not seem to infiltrate the novel.  I think, this might be my biggest disappointment with the novel and the reason I wouldn't give it a full five star rating.

Thank you, Waterbrook Multnomah, for the complimentary copy of this book for the purpose of my honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment